So, what exactly is Business Development? And should I use it in my business?
The answers … It’s one of the most lucrative ways to grow your business and YES you should have a Business Development program in your business.
Business Development can also be Strategic Partnerships or Joint Ventures. Basically, it’s two companies working together to help each other.
ALL businesses, from tiny to massive, should be creating these strategic partnerships to grow.
To teach you how, I brought in my good friend Cody Jones who runs Business Development for Zapier.
He’s done deals with major companies like Facebook and Google, but also understands the day-to-day life of an entrepreneur.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- What is business development
- Difference between business development and marketing
- The importance of giving your partners more than you receive
- Ways to generate leads
- Effective ways to get free marketing for small business
- How does Business Development work
- Rules for strategic partnerships
- How to structure a partnership
- How to recommend the product of your partner
- How to maintain good relationship
- Tips for small businesses owners to form strategic business partnerships
- Things you should know about a Potential Business Partner
- Tools and resources for entrepreneurs and startups
- Why he chose Zapier
- Ways to increase revenue through a partner channel
- What does a business development person actually do
- Why partners need complementary strengths
- How to make sure you are communicating enough with your partners
- What it’s really like to work from home with kids
- The importance of discipline and routine
- How to make it work from home
Multiply Your Business Podcast
Mentioned in the Podcast